A change agent for government, startups and corporates to serve citizens
India Stack is a set of APIs that allows governments, businesses, startups and developers to utilize an unique digital Infrastructure to solve India’s hard problems towards presence-less, paperless, and cashless service delivery. The Open API team at inspirit has been a pro-bono partner in the development, evolution, and evangelization of these APIs and systems.
In simple terms, India Stack is:
- A paperless and cashless service delivery system.
- The stack is a new technology paradigm that is scalable to handle massive data inflows, and is poised to enable entrepreneurs, citizens and governments to interact with each other transparently.
- It is an open system to electronically verify businesses, people and services.
- It gives the data to the concerned individual and lets him decide who he can share the data with. The smartphone will be the delivery platform for services such as digital payments, identification and digital lockers.
- It is the largest application programming interface (API) on the planet.
- Poised to change the lives of 1.1 billion Indians.
THE EVOLUTION OF INDIA STACK
UIDAI was created with the objective to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID), named as "Aadhaar”.
UIDAI launched Aadhaar Auth API even before the first Aadhaar was issued.
NPCI launched Aadhaar Payments Bridge & Aadhar Enabled Payments System which uses Aadhaar number as a central key for electronically channelizing the Government benefits and subsidies.
UIDAI launched eKYC which allows businesses to perform Know Your Customer verification process digitally using Biometric or Mobile OTP.
CCA launches eSign as an open API to facilitate an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign a document and MeitY launches DigiLocker, a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents
NPCI launches Unified Payments Interface, the most advanced public payments system in the world to revolutionise digital payments in India
NeGD launches DigitalLocker, a a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way